Rajma-Chori Dal ke Pakore
This energy packed nutrious snack is rich in Carbs, Protein, Vitamin B9, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium and Zinc. Ideal for those rainy days when you’d love playing card and table games or chit-chat over a cup of tea. Kids will love without any fuss and moms will be happy and content.
Makes 15-20 lemon sized pakore
You will need:
1 cup Rajma/Kidney Beans
1/2 cup Lal Chori Dal/ Adzuki Beans
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
3-4 green chillis or to taste, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
10 sprigs of cilantro/coriander leaves
1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
1/2 tsp ajwain (optional)
1/2 cup rice flour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Wash and soak the rajma and lal chori dal in water overnight.
- In a pressur cooker, cook the rajma and dal in 3 cups of water (or adjust according to the size of the pressure cooker) and let 2-3 whistles.
- Once cool, drain the water and transfer the cooked rajma and dal to a food processor and blend into a coarse paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chopped onions, chopped green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, cumin seeds, chopped cilantro, rice flour, salt and the rajma-dal paste. If you want add the optional ingredients too.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying vessel.
- Once hot, drop a lemon sized scope of the mixture and fry to a dark golden brown color.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and tomato ketchup.